Back to blogging

A big break on my blog is going to end. I’m back to blogging. Just wanted to let you know friends. I updated blog’s design a bit and added ‘About me’ section, there you can get some info about me. Also, I’m available now, I do Drupal CMS Website Development starting from an idea finishing with the complete project, feel free to contact me if you’re interested in my services. Okido, nice tutorial will follow soon.

Take care.

Drupal 7 Icons Set

Guys from russian Softfacade design stuido created a very beautidul icon set for Drupal 7.

And another Drupal tip for today: "How to add a tab to the node in Drupal":

Put this snippet in hook_menu of your new module:

A little snipped which is among very much needed and asked on forums: "How to output comments in desired place on the page and not on the bottom?". Here is the answer:

Top 10 Drupal Tutorials

Drupal tutorials database on is getting bigger and here are current top 10 tutorials:

Many developers are getting lost when they are setting their hourly development rates. What is a reasonable rate for my work? How much should I get paid to feel myself comfortable?

Well, of course there are average market prices and other things to consider, but here is a basic calculation made from a "how much do I want to get paid" view:

I'm promoting a facebook fan page of my download games website, which gets 7000 uniques per day. Today, the fan page has 205 fans, there were no any promotion of the page on the website.

So, I decided to make an experiment: to put a facebook widget on every game page. In a week or so, I will post an update on how many fans such promotion can bring.

I found a pretty cool addition to Chrome browser. This extension allows users to search and the drupal API quickly. You can use "6:keyword" or "7:keyword" to search the drupal API. You can grab it from here:

Best fails of 2009

A bit of relaxing info. A very nice compilation of funny fails:

Career analyst Dan Pink examines the puzzle of motivation, starting with a fact that social scientists know but most managers don't: Traditional rewards aren't always as effective as we think. Listen for illuminating stories - and maybe, a way forward.


Subscribe to TimOnWeb RSS